EXHIBITIONS & EVENTS
Listed by current > recent > past
Jump to Permanent
– The Jews of Africa: Lost Tribes, Found Communities, Emerging Faiths. Rencontres de la Photographie de Marrakech (3rd edition), Morocco. Organized by “Cultures Nomades Production” (France) in partnership with the association “Voix Plurielles”. Dar El Bacha Musée Des Confluences (Musée des confluences Dar El Bacha) October 19~November 10, 2022. SEE VIDEO.
– The Jews of Africa: Lost Tribes, Found Communities, Emerging Faiths. Museum of Moroccan Judaism. Casablanca, Morocco. June 15, 2022~August 30, 2022. [57 photographs]
– The Lonka Project. Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center. Moscow, Russia. February 17~May 15, 2022. [1 photograph in a group show of some 200 portraits.]
– The Lonka Project - Virtual Exhibition. Freundeskreis Willy Brandt Haus. Berlin, Germany. January 27~April 11, 2021. [1 photograph in a group show of some 200 portraits.]
– Ground Breakers: The History of Progressive Judaism in South Africa. South Africa Jewish Museum. Cape Town, South Africa. December 1, 2020 ~ late May 2021. [2 photographs embedded in a panel section of the exhibition.]
– “Rebuilding Abraham’s Tent: Historic Kinship, Future Alliances” at the Crossroads of Civilizations Museum in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Featuring two of my photographs: 1 from Morocco, 1 from Lebanon. This one-day photo event was held on Sunday, December 6, 2020 in celebration of the signing of the Abraham Accords (Israel–United Arab Emirates normalization agreement). The images were published in an article in Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper, Israel (Dec 17, 2020)
– The Jews of Africa: A Funny Thing or Two Happened on the Way to the Pyramids. Jewish Africa Conference at The Center for Jewish History, The American Sephardi Federation/Association Mimouna, New York City, NY, USA. January 27~29, 2019.
– Holocaust and Genocide Memory in Africa: A Photographic Tribute. Cape Town Holocaust Centre, Cape Town, South Africa. September 6~October 28, 2018.
– Holocaust and Genocide Memory in Africa: A Photographic Tribute. Durban Holocaust & Genocide Centre, Durban, South Africa. July-August 2018.
– Holocaust and Genocide Memory in Africa: A Photographic Tribute. Johannesburg Holocaust & Genocide Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa. March 27~April 29, 2018.
– “The Jews of Africa: A Photographic Journey into Ancient and Awakening Communities featuring Africa’s Emerging Black Jewish Groups.” The Mittleman Jewish Community Center of Portland, Oregon, USA. October 2 ~ December 29, 2017.
– "The Jews of Africa: A Photographic Journey into Ancient and Awakening Communities featuring Africa’s Emerging Black Jewish Groups.” Gallery at the J, Shalom Austin. Austin, Texas, USA. September 11~October 16, 2017.
– “The Jews of Africa: A Photographic Journey into Ancient and Awakening Communities featuring Africa’s Emerging Black Jewish Groups.” The Goldman Gallery, The Bender Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington. Rockville, Maryland, USA. March 9~March 28, 2017.
– “The Children of Abraham: A Jewish Revival in Africa” — featuring 34 images and video of “emerging Black Jewish communities of Africa”. Beit Hatfutsot Museum (The Museum of the Jewish People). Tel Aviv, Israel. February 4, 2016~June 1, 2017.
– “Ama Juda eAfrika? Yes, Jews in Africa!” Irish Jewish Museum. Dublin, Ireland. July 13~October 15, 2015.
– “Synagogues of the World.” Tikkun Leil Shavuot event, Yeshurun Hebrew Congregation Synagogue, Cheadle, Cheshire, England. May 23, 2015.
– EVENT: Film series [2 photos], “The Syrian Jewish Community: Our Journey Through History”, produced by the Sephardic Heritage Museum in New York City, USA, 2014.
– "The Synagogue: Architecture, Art, Appeal." The Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington, D.C. February 21~April 15, 2010.
– “BodyWorks.” Black and white images of the human form. Absinthe Gallery. November 2005. Osaka, Japan.
– “The Middle East.” Gallery Ah. December-January 2004-2005. Osaka, Japan.
– “The Middle East.” Calibre Gallery. November 2004. Osaka, Japan.
– “El Mundo Latino.” Calibre Gallery. November 2003. Osaka, Japan.
– “Faces.” Portraits. Gaidai Gallery. June 2003. Hirakata City, Japan.
– “World Visions.” A collection of travel photos. Calibre Gallery. May 2003. Osaka, Japan.
– “Synagogues of the World.” 130 photographs on permanent display at the Berman Commons Assisted Living facility. Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Displayed since March 2015.